Happiness

Happiness

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Baseball in San Diego Family Outing

My husband was so excited when the Padres made some big trades this off season to round out their pitching and their line up. Personally, I can't keep up with all of it but understood from all the buzz and excitement that this season is going to be pretty special. I'm a sports fan by marriage. I couldn't sit through 9 innings without some other fanfare going on.  I fully appreciate a quality family outing and Sundays at PetCo Park are a whole lot of fun!

Last year I don't think we made it to a game all season.... well, scratch that. My husband and Amberly went for girls softball night, but the boys and I stayed home. So it had been awhile since I'd been to the ballpark and let me tell you, I was impressed with the changes that have been made.

Kidsfest on Sundays is bigger and better!


I insisted that I get a photo of them before we start exploring. Owen was waiting with Dad in the line for the Little League parade.


The Friar stands tall out at the park at the park making it easy to find the festivities.


Kids can practice their pitching and batting at Kidsfest.


Kids love going down a gigantic slide. Again. And again. And again!


Jumpy houses are the perfect way to let the kids blow off some steam before heading to the seats.


There is complimentary face painting and balloon artists, it was a popular station!

Amberly found her BFF from softball! I love this face painter's work. This picture ended up on the Jumbo Tron a number of times before and during the game which was exciting!


Little League day is so much fun for the kids! We are so grateful that the Padres sponsor the uniforms for Rancho Penasquitos Little League. Don't they look good?


The kids got the special kid lunches. They liked the bags!


One of our favorite additions to PetCo Park a couple years ago was Phil's BBQ. They always have a long line before the game, but it is worth the wait!


Classic ballpark snacks to enjoy the game.


Bringing in some San Diego favorites like Stone Brewing and Pizza Port is a total win! I told my husband we'll have to plan to check it out when we go back for one of our baseball date nights.


We all had a great time and plan to catch a few more Padres games this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment