Happiness

Happiness

Monday, October 27, 2014

Stonyfield Made me a Winner at ShiftCon!

Upon checking in at ShiftCon, Elizabeth and I, my carpool buddy and roommate, went into the Expo hall.... we had so much to talk about both on the drive to and from the conference and every night after a full day of conferencing. I hold her responsible for my lack of sleep, and equally responsible for my heightened awareness to subjects that are not on my radar. You can check out her blog here.



The first brand we came upon was Stonyfield, and they were ready to feed us! Eating this Greek and Chia yogurt hit the spot after the nearly 3 hour drive from San Diego. I love that they had biodegradable spoons for us to use rather than  typical plastic spoons most other conferences would have.... it's all about the shift, baby!



Melanie and Kristina got us excited about participating in the conference conversation on twitter by using the hashtags #ShiftCon and #ShiftHappens.



I was so glad to spend a few minutes talking to Melanie and Kristina because they were warm, funny and wanted to know about us and our blogs. Why I don't have a picture with them, I do not know!

They gave me my very own "Multiple Organisms Make Me Happy" t shirts which I love and wear proudly.... all while having had a few double takes!




On the morning that The Food Babe gave a keynote at ShiftCon, I was among several winners drawn at breakfast for tweeting during the conference and sharing the amazing things we were learning from both break out sessions and brands and each other. I just knew I would win something too. I was reminded of a feeling when I won a yearbook in middle school. Good luck is not even what I would call it, rather a good energy vibe around what is happening, a shift if you will, in commitment  Now, when I was the first winner announced, that kinda blew me away, and when the prize was from Stonyfield, that made it even more awesome! I really didn't hear what I had won, just that it was Stonyfield and that was enough for me to be excited. People might have thought I was a bit crazy cuz I jumped up and hollered with a big WOO-HOO! It is so much fun to win something that you really want and will use rather than something you may not be familiar with or would never use... so I was thrilled!

Here's what I won:



A couple years ago one of my friends put me in touch with Stonyfield to sponsor our snacks at an event I was hosting and they were wonderful to work with, sending enough for every baby and toddler and parent to enjoy, plus sending a couple of great prize packs for our opportunity drawing. Ever since then I've been hooked on the Stonyfield brand. I love their mission statement which I found on their Facebook page:

At Stonyfield, we obsess over everything we put into our delicious organic yogurt, milk, frozen yogurt and smoothies, and everything we keep out. By saying no to toxic persistent pesticides, artificial hormones, antibiotics and GMOs, we say yes to healthy food, healthy people and a healthy planet.

This just happens to be my new favorite!



After hearing Gary Hirschberg give a talk on the first night of ShiftCon I was even more sold. What this brand stands for in their care for people generations to come is inspiring. I made sure to get a quick photo op with him because I see him as a true leader in our fight for real food who was a crusader before there was a crusade. When people walk the walk like Gary has done for so many years and educate others by giving talks and listening to moms share their stories, that will stay with you forever. Just a little thank you to Gary for what he is doing.



Early registration is going on now for ShiftCon 2015. I look forward to seeing you there! I have a feeling Stonyfield will be back as a sponsor and who knows, maybe I'll win another one of their awesome prizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment